Your ability to create 3D shop parts and assembly drawings using SolidWorks in a short lead time to meet fit, form, function, design, quality, cost and ease of mfg and assembly will be critical to your success.
You’ll need a broad knowledge of materials applications (metal, plastics, wood, etc).
Other qualifications that will come in handy are:
- PDM, Autocad and Adobe experience
- Read and interpret blue prints and construction documents
- Understand the mfg process flow – design, engineering, BOMs, purchasing, planning, machining, building, shipping and installing
- Technical writing of assembly/construction instructions
- Hands-on work experience in a mfg environment, experience with wood products a plus
- Bachelor degree and a 3-month internship or 1+ years of related experience
This is a Temporary-to-Hire position. If you feel this is the position for you, then please contact or refer people to email@example.com.