A large education organization is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join their team. The primary responsibilities are implementation, backup and maintenance of company-wide servers. This position collaborates with other members of the IT group to provide an information technology environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned
- Develop schedules for, perform, and monitor daily server backup and weekly off-site tape rotation.
- Design, implement and perform system administration of organization-wide Windows servers. This includes testing new releases of OS, creating maintenance procedures, and installing and maintaining system and application software and keeping patches up-to-date.
- Assist network engineers in:
- Managing the operation, activities and services of the organizations computing network.
- Monitoring and supporting critical network services (e.g. DNS, DHCP, and email).
- Maintaining and monitoring the connectivity to networks, including the internet.
- Maintaining accounts for organization
- Maintaining and coordinating the security of the computer network.
- Performing service calls for network related problems at organization.
- Writing applications using various scripts, macros, and programming languages.
- Providing documentation and training of network services.
- Researching and recommending equipment and software solutions for stated needs.
- Serve as a primary contact for identifying and solving computer related hardware and software problems.
- Serve as a Help Desk consultant.
- Perform general administrative duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5-7 years of experience in systems analysis and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- 2 years of exchange administration experience.
- Ability to operate personal computers and demonstrate proficiency with internet resources and networked environments.
- Ability to learn new technologies and assimilate new information quickly.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows system administration and programming using Perl or equivalent scripting language.
- Experience in user services preferred. Experience with DNS and DHCP and relevant experience beyond the minimum required preferred.
- Experience working in information technology in education environment preferred.
- Must demonstrate a high level of customer service, discretion and confidentiality, and organizational and problem-solving ability.
- Vision for and dedication to the role of a computer network in a disparate environment.
- A proven ability to make technical issues understandable and an ability to match technical opportunities to college goals.
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision, effectively prioritizes work, and adjusts to changing workloads and deadlines.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to present information and respond to questions from diverse groups of people
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally performed indoors in a typical office setting.
- Must be able to work on-call, evenings and/or weekends as needed. Connectivity and ability to work on the organization’s core systems from remote locations may be required.
- Travel, including overnight travel, may be required.
The salary range DOE for this position is: $59,509 (min) – $74,388 (mid) – $89,264 (max)
Smart Talent offers benefits from the day that you start working, if you feel that this could be a position for you please send your resume in.
If you meet these qualifications, enjoy a fast paced environment and take pride in keeping things very organized, please contact us today – email@example.com.