HR Manager Needed for a Privately Owned Organization
SmartTalent has a great temp-to-hire position in Renton for an experienced HR Manager with 4+ years of exempt level experience, a Bachelors Degree, and experience working with a privately owned organization and fast paced environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in manufacturing.
Successful candidates will have worked for a small to medium organization with a broad human resources background with emphasis in employment law, strong communication skills, flexibility, a passion for learning, a high degree of integrity and a creative thinker.
Position is responsible for the overall direction of the HR program and initiatives. Handling hiring, training, performance reviews and planning, couching/counseling, resolving issues/problems with department managers and provide overall support to management team.
- Maintain equitable compensation structure and salary administration.
- Administer employee benefit plans and ensure effective employee communication and understanding.
- Assist managers, and provide guidance on best practices, legal compliance, and improved decision-making.
- Administer training program, create training plans, and provide training, as appropriate.
- Administer performance management review process and assist managers and leads, as appropriate.
- Maintain the Company s best workforce practices and affirmative defense.
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies and consult with managers to determine staffing needs.
- Ensure legal compliance is met with respect to all applicable federal, state, and local laws including Affirmative Action and E-Verify.
- Maintain employee handbook and job descriptions; manage FMLA leave, and federal reporting.
- Administer, process, and assure accuracy of bi-weekly payroll.
- Lead the safety committee and safety training programs.
- Maintain expected productivity and quality standards that make financial returns possible for the Company to continue to provide excellent service to our customers and job opportunities and career growth for our staff.
- Bachelor s Degree in Human Resources or related degree.
- 4+ years of exempt-level experience with increasing responsibility
- Experience with payroll
- Intermediate level computer skills (MS Offices, HRIS & Payroll systems)
- Strong written and oral communications
- Must be a creative thinker
- Ability to read, interpret reports/documents, financial reports and legal documents
- Must have effective conflict resolution skills
- Ability to respond to inquiries, employee issues, local & state agencies and management team
An Excellent Benefit Package comes with a Salary Range of $50 – $65 DOE.
If you have the required experience and requirements, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put HR Generalist in the subject line and a brief recap of your experience that qualifies you for this position.