This international manufacturer of innovative fabric and display products that is based in Seattle has over 100 years of experience. They are seeking a Design and production Drafting Technician who will focus on large format graphics, digital wall coverings, high-quality retail displays and sewn applique banners as part of their business diversification.
Reports to: DTS Manager – Vice President Operations, in absence of DTS Manager
Responsible For: DTS aspects of all projects assigned by the DTS Manager or delegate
Job Summary: Manage individual projects by executing necessary tasks and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives and policies. Maximize client satisfaction and project profitability. Provide design, specifications, direction and leadership for assigned projects. Interact with sales, customers, vendors, sub-contractors, division managers and shop personnel to ensure successful completion of assigned projects.
Decision Making Authority:
- Purchasing authority per the Purchasing Agreement
Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Responsible for successful execution of the DTS aspects of assigned projects.
- Provide support as necessary
- Responsible for accurate surveys, shop drawings and requisitioning for assigned projects.
- Responsible for monitoring targets and profitability while ensuring that overall customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Participate within Quality and Environmental Management Systems [QMS/ EMS] procedures
- Maintains an orderly and safe work environment; adheres to company safety policies.
Specific Duties: (not necessarily all inclusive)
- Actively participates in and supports our quality initiative by delivering high levels of customer satisfaction by producing superior quality products and continually improving our Quality Management System.
- Work with departments to maintain production schedules, reduce production costs, improve quality, satisfy customer expectations, reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Survey projects as required
- Use of personal vehicle required – must be capable of transporting a small folding ladder
- Must be able to carry and climb ladders
- Create field survey sketches – use tape measure, levels, angle finders, & other survey tools
- Create shop drawings, customer approval drawings, and permit drawings as projects require
- Use of AutoCAD, Sketch Up and ability to draw simple sketches by hand required
- Ability to make parts lists, assembly instructions, and other project information as required
- Design frames and structures using typical design models as basis for construction
- Maintain customer files, current and archived.
- Order non-inventory materials using QMS Purchasing procedure.
- Ensure all documentation has been checked for accuracy prior to release to Production
Permits & Approvals:
- Permit applications, work with building officials, adapt to local codes, final inspections
- Provide documentation for permits and customer approvals as require.
- Manage engineering schedule both in the Customer Relationship Management [CRM] database and communicating to key individuals as needed.
- Review scope of work and project plans with various departments as necessary
- Time and expense management; track daily project hours, mileage, and receipts for other qualified expenses
- Take necessary steps to ensure that work is completed to support customers needs (quality & schedule), the company’s needs (profitability & throughput) and the requirements of governing municipalities.
- Recognize and assist in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing
- Accountable for meeting individual goals and conforming to corporate policy and procedure.
If you feel you have the skills and qualifications, send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.