Hot Job: Maintenance Technician
According to the latest figures from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), maintenance and repair workers in the U.S. earn between $27,450 and $47,250 per year. Demand is predicted to grow about nine percent for these workers between 2012 and 2022. As a maintenance technician, you may find work in hospitals, hotels, factories or schools.
Most maintenance technician jobs require just a high school education, but you can improve your prospects, wages and marketability through an apprenticeship or certification program. In some states, technicians working in areas such as heating and cooling, plumbing and electrical maintenance must be licensed.
Typical duties may include:
- Performing advanced preventive and predictive maintenance inspections and tasks;
- Troubleshooting or performing diagnostics on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic equiment, and CNC control systems;
- Determining appropriate corrective action including needed repairs, overhaul, rebuild, including all parts and supplies required;
- Performing & observing an operational check to ensure problem has been corrected;
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of maintenance work performed;
- Enforcing equipment lockout procedures for all machines and equipment when repairs are being performed; and
- Working in a team environment which includes assisting others in completion of tasks, giving and receiving feedback.
Employers are looking for candidates with an ability to plan and sequence work including ordering required parts and staging necessary tools and equipment, and who are able to:
- Read work instructions in English and communicate effectively;
- Work independently and self motivate ;
- Maintain clean and safe work area; and
- Pass criminal background checks and drug tests.
What’s The Best Way To Get a Maintenance Technician Job?
Work with Smart Talent! We help job seekers find great jobs throughout the Western Washington area including Kirkland, Fife, Renton, Lynnwood and beyond. We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Technician in Kenmore Washington.
For a complete listing of temporary staffing, temp-to-hire and direct hire opportunities in the Western Washington area, browse our job openings today or contact us today!