Six Common Interview Questions You Should Be Prepared For
Succeeding in the interview process is a key part of a successful job search. When you impress a hiring manager or HR professional enough to be called in for an interview, be ready to convince those doing the hiring that you are right for the job. This means being prepared to give great answers to interview questions.
Preparing for an interview involves reviewing your technical knowledge and thinking about how you can showcase your skills. It can also mean getting ready to answer six common interview questions including:
- Tell me about yourself. You want to provide an answer which makes you seem professional, qualified, and interesting. Think about how you can show off your skills without looking like you’ve just got a prepared canned answer.
- Why did you leave your past position? The key to answering this question is to always be positive. Even if you hated your past job, look for good things to say about it and provide a forward-thinking reason for leaving such as wanting to embrace new challenges.
- Why do you want this job? Make sure you provide a detailed answer showing you have researched the company and really thought about why you would be a good fit for the position.
- What is your greatest strength? Demonstrate with anecdotes and data why you would be a great candidate for the job. Think about some of the skills the employer is looking for and consider whether you have any past professional experiences dealing with those skills which you can turn into stories about your strengths.
- What are some of your weaknesses? This question is a tough one because you don’t want to give a dull and generic answer like perfectionism being your greatest weakness. You should think about how you can provide information on a weakness you actually have, but spin your answer into a story about how you have managed to overcome your shortcomings.
- Give an example of how you solved a problem in the past. Employers want to learn how you think and how you thrive under pressure. Be ready with an answer that allows you to give substantial details to show off your problem-solving abilities.
SmartTalent can put you in touch with companies that are hiring people with your particular skill set so you’ll have a good chance of getting an interview at a great employer in Kirkland, Fife, and Renton. Once you’ve got the interview, being prepared to answer these questions can help you to close the deal and get hired. Give us a call today to learn more about how our staffing professionals can help you find new work opportunities.