Indicators of Job Success
During the hiring process, many companies are focused on finding an employee with the hard skills that are necessary to do the job right. Companies frequently hire candidates who seem qualified, only to find out the worker does not work out in the long term. A part of why this happens is because as many as 56 percent of companies fail to look for the top predictors of success over the long-haul.
When you are hiring, don’t make the mistake of ignoring the key criteria which are likely to contribute to long-term success within your organization. The top five best predictors of long-term success include:
- Self-motivation: An employee should be able to motivate himself to reach new heights and achieve career success. While effective management skills help to bring out the best in employees, there is no amount of managerial competence which can compensate for a lack of self-motivation.
- Leadership: Good employees are confident in their abilities and able to inspire others to follow their lead. While some leadership skills can be taught, the strongest leaders – and best workers – have an innate knack for taking charge in an effective way.
- Comparable past performance: Past performance is a strong predictor of what an employee is likely to do in the future. Look for a job candidate who has concrete proof of past job skills in a given area.
- Job-specific problem-solving skills: Employees will inevitably encounter problems on the job; they should have demonstrated that they can find creative and effective solutions.
- Adaptability: The best employees can grow and change with the company and can adapt to new situations and demands on their skills.
Don’t be one of the companies that fails to look for these core success factors during the hiring process. If you want to build a staff you’ll never be disappointed in, contact SmartTalent to find out how our staffing agency can help you find candidates in Kirkland, Fife, Renton, Lynnwood, Lacey and surrounding areas. We’ll assist with defining the key criteria to probe for during your hiring process and we’ll help you find candidates who are most likely to succeed.