Strategies to Help Employees Work Together Better
The ability to work well on a team is one of the most prized characteristics people look for when hiring staff. While you may have great people on your payroll who are good at teamwork, this doesn’t mean your job is done. Motivate your workers and make sure they are working together so you can maximize productivity and keep employee motivation high.
So, how can you foster teamwork among the members of your staff?
- Set clear and concise goals for your team. Everyone should know exactly what they are working towards because it will be easier for them to come together when they are all on the same page about the final goal.
- Communicate your expectations. Not only is goal setting important, so is setting clear expectations for things like timelines and how the team should work together. While you need to provide room for flexibility and creativity, there is nothing wrong with taking the lead a little at the beginning to get everyone on the right path as far as what they are expected to accomplish.
- Create a creative atmosphere. You need to leave opportunity for brainstorming and for every member of the team to bring their valuable input to the table. Be sure there is the chance to share ideas and for all voices to be heard throughout the project. Don’t micromanage or stifle new ideas.
- Make sure every member of the team has the chance to contribute. If some team members feel their ideas aren’t being listened to, they might tune out. On the other side of the spectrum, team members who feel they are pulling more than their weight may get angry. Monitor developments to make sure everyone is participating and contributing.
- Leverage the strength of team members. While people should be working together on the team, you want each team member to be able to take charge of the specific areas where they excel.
The ability to get your staff to work well as a team starts with hiring great people. SmartTalent can help you find employees who are going to be great members of your workforce and excel at teamwork. If you need help with hiring in Kirkland, Fife, Renton, Lacey, Lynwood, Everett and surrounding areas, give us a call today.